Five Easy Tips for a Zero Waste Christmas
If you are looking to have an environmental impact during the Christmas season, here are five easy tips to have a zero waste Christmas:
1) Communicate openly and nicely your zero waste intention with your family and friends beforehand.
2) Offer engaged gifts (including to children): intangible, labeled, second-hand, plastic-free, and packaging-free gifts. For example, singing or violin lessons, a spa experience, a yoga retreat, etc.
3) Choose sustainable decorations: use long-term materials, repurpose objects, avoid anything disposable, and prefer second-hand items.
4) Prepare ethical food: be creative and propose a fresh local seasonal menu prepared with love.
5) Use a sustainable tree: choose a natural tree grown locally to replant and reuse in the following years, rent a tree, or opt for a wooden tree.
What will you do to have a zero waste Christmas?
Comment and React!
Discover more zero waste tips? Click here